Clarity Lite is a low-cost version of the Clarity Data System. You can use Clarity Lite if you have only one instrument (HPLC or GC) and do not require some of the more advanced features of the full version. In particular, if you work in an unregulated environment, and do not require instrument control.
The following features are available in Clarity Lite:
- Measuring: Simultaneous data acquisition from up to four detectors attached to one HPLC or GC.
- Integration: Chromatograms may be integrated using the full set of integration tools as provided with the full version of Clarity
- Overlay of chromatograms: It is possible to display an almost unlimited number of chromatograms for comparison.
- Calibration: Supports Internal and External standards, allows calibration of groups of peaks, and the use of reference peaks.
- Automation with an autosampler: Sequence tables may be set up, and the data system triggered automatically by an autosampler. However the Autosampler control option is not available with Clarity Lite.
- Post-run: Automatically displays, prints, exports and starts other programs after completion of measurement.
- Summary result Tables: Displays and prints selected results from all simultaneously displayed chromatograms.
- User Settings: User selects parameters for peak display and the specification for axes, including colour from an extensive array of colour settings. Text labels and lines, either as part of the area or anchored to a chromatogram, may also be inserted.
- Export: Optional exportation of all results with or without the chromatogram, in various formats, into a file or clipboard.
- Import: Imports chromatograms or mathematical curves, which have been saved in text or AIA formats, from other programs.
- Method calibration and history: Each chromatogram can easily be displayed under the same conditions as when it was printed, exported or saved.
For comparison, the following features are available in Clarity (full version) only
- Multiple Instrument facility: Only the full version can handle inputs from more than one HPLC system
- Instrument Control Option: No instrument control is available with Clarity LITE.
- Column Performance: Calculations of peaks in terms of symmetry, efficiency, resolution; all by several methods (tangent, moments, etc.).
- Batch: Automatically batch processes, displays, exports or prints any number of chromatograms.
- User calculations: User can define custom calculations in the Result and Summary tables. Using the integrated editor you can create your own columns from the original columns and individual mathematical functions.
- User Accounts: Sets up access rights and passwords (including their parameters e.g., minimum length, validity, etc.). Each user can define his or her own station appearance.
- Audit trail: Records selected events and operations into a special file. Records selected operations directly into a chromatogram.
- Electronic Signature: Each chromatogram can be electronically signed. Signature selection is based on the username or the signature certificate.